Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) olive oil
- 1 small (1 small) onion, diced
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- ¼ medium (0.25 medium) red pepper, minced
- ¼ medium (0.25 medium) green pepper, minced
- 1 cup (1 cup) quinoa
- 2 cups (2 cups) water
- Add oil to your pot and heat set to medium.
- Add in your veggies, (not the quinoa) cook for 3 minutes.
- Once onions are transulcent add in the quinoa. Hold the water
I like to stir frequently and get the flavours to infuse with the quinoa before adding the water. This process also toasts the quinoa a bit and makes the quinoa fluffier.
- Add water to the pot and stir everything together.Continue cooking over low heat for 12 minutes. .
- Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.Fluff with a fork and your ready to serve.
Savour The Flavour Quinoa
Amount Per Serving
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Vitamin A 260IU5%
Vitamin C 16.7mg20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.